Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Art Sentiments














Here is the Art sentiment piece I did from Mystele's class.  I started with a coaster I got from Chili's.  I covered it with paper and paint. I took a copy of the face in my banner and adhered it to the coaster with gel medium and painted it into a new look. Its been embellished with fabric and lace that also was painted and stitched and sewed on my sewing machine.















This is the back.   This one has a velum panel and ribbons. I added grommets and ribbon so it can be hung. Making one of these little bits of art were really fun. This little piece of art is now on its way to one lucky friend.














Here is my latest journal page. I started by stamping the pear on a piece of watercolor paper. My ink pad is pretty dried out so it didn't stamp well so I added ink and watercolor pencils to add color to the piece. I had a day in the studio where I just played with backgrounds. I decided to add this little pear to the page. Then came more painting and stamping and a few words. There was so much texture on the page that it was really hard to write on but I like the end result.

4 comments:

  1. I love the art sentiment piece and your art journal page is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art sentiment piece is great! I've only painted my coaster and haven't added anything to it yer. I'm way behind.

    Love love love the journal page!! The background really showcases the pear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your art piece is wonderful Kate. I love it! I never would have imagined a coaster could turn into a lovely piece of art like this. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.