Saturday, October 31, 2009
The Joy Diet - Treats
The subject for this week on the Joy diet is Treats. Marhta asks us to give ourselves 3 treats a day. When I first think of a treat chocolate somes to mind. Truffles to be exact. I like Lindor truffles but even more so are the white chocolated/machademia nut truffles I can get from a local candy shop.
Now theres no way of course that I am going to have 3 truffle a day even though I might enjoy it. So that leads to more thought on what else can I consider a treat. What small little things can I do everyday to give myself pleasure. I guess its time to make a list. Lists are one way I make sense of things.
contaneous smile sparkers
* hearing my daughters voice, a friends voice
* when the UPS driver brought me my new computer
* seeing my dogs face as we took a long walk
* sunshine coming through my window
* the taste of home made mac n cheese
list several things that delight your senses:
* sight - family, sunrise , birds, rivers, ocean, wolves
* hearing - celtic music, listening ladies in lavender soundtrack, wolves howling, birds singing
* touch - hugs, kisses from those I love, feeling my body move when dancing, anice warm scented bath
* taste - chocolate, white chocolate, fresh juicy peaches, good red wine, my apple pie
* smell - lavender, scented candles, incense, fresh cut hay, ocean, newly shorn fleece
My collage this week is just full of fun treats. This was a fun chapter I am all for giving myself treats. I don't do three a day though but I could work into that practice. I am going to be on the lookout for simple things to do just for me.