Monday, December 21, 2009

A tote bag and some pages

















Now that I have given this gift I can show you. I took a face I painted on fabric with Neocolor II watercolor crayons and I made a tote bag from it. I love how it turned out and the recipient was quite happy with it too!

















I have been playing in the paper bag art journal and finished up a couple of pages. It felt good to be working in a playful mode again. Here I have used black gesso and I really liked the way this image looked on black, the colors are pretty true.

















This one began with just the pink spray painting and evolved into talking about the faces we put on everyday. It is so interesting how pages evolve.

















This page started with excess paint from other projects and then the images with the legs, I kinda like the way they look like ribs. The girl is an image I have used before and probably will again. I really like it.

Its great to be doing Art again. Sometimes just taking a few minutes a day to be creative really makes a difference in your entire day.

4 comments:

  1. Fun pages and bag. It's great to see you creating again. I hope you're feeling better.
    Hugs and happy holidays,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, especially love the last page with the ribs/legs and the sentiment you write about. Very true I think and most poetic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific bag!!!!
    And the journal pages oh so interestsing, thanks for sharing tools and techniques...ideas...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Kate, everything looks great! The tote bag is so cool....I always love your face paintings, and the journal pages are fantastic. I love the last one and I agree that the stripes look like ribs. Maybe some of your creativeness will rub off on me and I'll get back to doing some art. So far, nothing!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.