Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Paint and Pass project

I am taking part in what we are calling Paint and Pass with my glitter sisters. We all start with a 5 x 7 Canvas board and paint the background and then it goes to the next person, who paints something and then passes it to the next person. Eventually you get it back and all your friends have contributed to a group painting. I think it will be fun.











This is my friend Kai's panel. I added the mermaid. Its a stamp and I used staz on ink and then painted it using Twinkling H2O's. They are watercolor paints that have a metallic sheen to them. In fact these paints have an interesting story. I think it was last year the company announced that they were closing shop due to the economy. It was due to the support of all their customers that they managed to remain open and to revitalize their company.  I love success stories like that.










About all I have been doing is these black and white drawings. I don't think i can call them zentangle's since they are supposed to be square. It started with a circle and then I built upon that. I really like this one. I am not sure if I want to add more to it or not.










This was started with a stamp in the center. My friend Janet suggested this and I think it was a great idea. I don't know if I will ever tire of making these.

6 comments:

  1. The Pass and Paint is a great idea !!! So fun ! Can't wait to see what develops.
    Doodling is so zen-like, no matter what you call it. I love doing it in front of the tv while "watching" boring tv.
    Hope you are feeling better slowly but surely !

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Paint and Pass project sounds fun.
    Your drawings look like mandalas to me. For a while, that's the only type of art I could come up with. They're fun.
    hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new project! Can't wait to see it all finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a fabulous and fun idea for a project!! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pass and paint project should be lots of fun, ending up with a wonderful piece of collaborative art. And, I think your zentangles (yes, I think they are zentangles whether they're square or not ... there are no rules!) are really nice. I like the one with the stamp, too! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, I'm really late getting around again. Love your zentangles....I have that same stamp!

    The mermaid is perfect for Kai! It will be fun to see all the finished paintings.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.