Wednesday, July 8, 2009

An announcement

I have been working on tweaking this new blog all week. First turning around some of the pictures in the banner so they were not all facing the same way. Then I added two slide shows on Monday and a third on Wednesday. I could tweak this thing over and over but I think I will let it be for now. My next adventure will to start working on and Etsy shop. I will let you all know when that is up an running.

Now its time for an announcement. Some of you know that I have been working with a coach to help me break through some creative blocks that I felt were really holding me back. To be honest I would never have guessed before I started working with a coach that I would be making a statement like this. I guess that is the miracle of coaching, discover something about yourself you really didn't know.

I am writing a book on Creativity. I had focused so much on writing a novel that I never even considered doing a non-fiction book. Through coaching I discovered that this idea fits me perfectly well. My book will have chapters of essays on various topics and will also include art projects that will relate to those topics. I'll be sharing some of my journey and experiences along this creative path. I have no title yet and no publisher but I am confident that they will both come.

I may be initially talking about a subject here that I will end up elaborating about in the book. It would be hard for me to totally keep a secret about this project and I really see no need to do so. I'll keep you posted on how its going.

4 comments:

  1. What an exciting project ! You go, Your Majesty ! I am delighted to be allowed to watch it all unfold.
    Happy Creating !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you the very best My Queen! I know how difficult it can be to decide when you are setting writing goals. I admire you for stepping out and committing to something! You are the perfect person to write a book about creativity, because you have started and developed your creativity in so many areas. This is something that EVERYONE needs to do! If everyone were to embrace their creativity, the world would be a different place. Good wishes and love, O

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's wonderful to see you grow as an artist and a writer. Looking forward to reading more about your book.
    *hugs*
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.