Wednesday, July 15, 2009

An award to pass on









My new writing friend from across the pond at The Wright Stuff awarded me this fun blogging award for my perseverance in the pursuit of my art and blogging. Oh what fun this is, now I get to pass it on to these other desereving blogs that I really love. They all inspire me whenever I go to their blogs.

The Queen of Arts
Just me and my Art
Jamie Ridler Studios
Creative everyday
All Norah's Art


















I have been wanting to try doing a face using watercolor crayons after seeing Sharon's videos on the subject. I had all sorts of problems with the colors bleeding and so forth but this is my first try. Its done on muslin backed with interfacing. The eyes are lopsided and two sizes but I think it was a good exercise to do and I think the next one will definetly be better.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your award and your watercolor face is amazing. Very good first try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you, thank you for your Blogland Love, Kate ! It means so very much to me that you feel inspired by my journey ! The feeling is very mutual !
    Congrats and thanks again for passing it on !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much, Kate! You always inspire me!!

    I like your watercrayon face. Eyes are never absolutely perfect....mine are on two different levels! So I think she looks perfectly natural.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That should have been watercolor crayon face!! I can't spell or type!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the award, Kate! I'm so touched!!

    The face is so sweet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kate, I love her and I think she looks very real.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.