Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sacred Life Sunday - backyard birds















I walked out to my backyard and saw these love birds. I thought what are they and after a closer look discovered these are Mourning Dove Babies. I thought they were so cute.
















Right next to them was this young robin. It looks so much different from its mother.














Then I tried to capture the ellusive humming bird.



















I caught this one trying for a little drink.

This summer I have been just amazed and the wildlife that is in my own backyard. Maybe I have just taken the time to slow down enough to actually see what is around me.

Now what else could there be that I am not really seeing?

Enjoy your Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. How cool to have hummingbirds visit your garden! We have some enormous dragonflys.
    This week Hybrid J passed me my first blog award so I thought I would pass to you as a fellow creative. Just pop along to my blog and collect!
    As a thank you for the fun I have reading your blog, I've passed on a strangely titled Watermelon Award to you! Congratulations!
    http://all-the-wright-stuff.blogspot.com/2009/07/everyones-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. That slowing down long enough to really see things really does produce miracles ! Thanks for shared your winged ones today ! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.