Monday, September 6, 2010

My New Pocket Book

My friend Lynn who blogs at Getting My Feet Wet  is a wonderful artist and she started making these fabric pocket books.  I was thrilled when she offered them for sale. I got mine in the mail the other day.














This is the cover, the theme for mine was the ocean.










This is a close up of the cover.











This is first pocket on the right. The page on the left was made from fabric paper and it feels pretty neat.









 
 The 2nd pocket faces the other way.  Each pocket has a strand of embellishment that wraps around the button holding the pocket closed.











Now the third pocket is facing upward again like the first one.










The 4th pocket is now going sideways.










This is the inside back cover and you can see more fabric paper.










This is the back cover embellished with shells. I just love all the different fabrics she used.  Many of the beads hanging down are paper beads.

If you are interested in getting your own packet book, check out Lynn's site.  She sells them for 25.00.















This is my journal page I did yesterday. I was lamenting that I wasn't in Ireland like I had planned.












Here is a sneak peak on what I have been working on. I started working on this over a year ago and put it aside.  This is laying on my favorite new toy. I don't know the actual name for it but its basically a padded and gridded ironing pad.  I love it because I can measure on it and also iron on it too. I have it on my kitchen table right now.  Its so nice not to have to drag out the ironing board.  I am determined to finish this little quilt this time around.

In the morning I will be headed to Teton National Park for a few days. See you when I get back.

6 comments:

  1. love this book, kate! wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so creative. I love the play of words that "pocket book" creates in my imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift to yourself ! Lynn is very talented. I love all of those gorgeous ocean tones too !
    I hope you have a sweet trip. Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pocket book! And your quilt is going to be beautiful. Are they little kimonos?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very neat book! Hey..thank you for posting the link to the Zentangles /dolls!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.