Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sacred Life Sunday













When I was in the Tetons I had this moment that was so meant for Sacred Life Sunday that I waited till now to mention it.
We had about a day and a half of rain and it had finally stopped.  I had just done the dishes and Dave was taking a nap.  I thought I'd go for a walk, so I grabbed a trekking pole for my walking stick and set out.

I walked down to Jackson Lake and when I got to the shore I looked over to my left and looked at the Mountains.  The rain had stopped and the mountains were covered in snow, then the sun appeared and the scene just glowed.  As I looked at the sight, I thought this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  It was  just me and nature. I have seen the mountains so many times but this time was different somehow. I felt so grateful being alive, being in that place and enjoying the wonders of nature.  What a gift.

3 comments:

  1. It does sound like a lovely gift, Kate. How precious that you could see it, and were able to today share it with us. Love and blessings, O.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.