Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Wishcasting Wednesday - How do you wish to come out of your shell

I wasn't going to play along with the Wishcrafters today but changed my mind as I often do.  Today Jamie asks the question.

 How do you wish to come out of your shell?

My first thoughts were well I think I am pretty much out of my shell but perhaps not as much as I think.

In my work with the Creative Awakenings Book my intention for this  month is to  be a fearless artist. I think that coming out of my shell really relates to this also.  I think I have pigeon holed myself into this one space, where I play at art but am not really serious about it. I want to break out of my self imposed view of who I am as an artist. I want to be bolder, to take more risks, be more confident.


















On that note here is my latest painting. This was done on canvas board and was an old painting I never finished. She started out as a blond and then a redhead before she became a brunette. Its amazing how much a painting could change.  When I would get frustrated with it I just tried to remember what my friend Zorana said in one of her videos. Its all about playing with paint and having fun and that is what really happened with this piece.

To see what other wishes are being cast today go here

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful work. I see my own wishing in your statement about being bolder, taking more risks with your art, and growing your confidence. What you wish for yourself, I also wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as you wish for yourself, i wish for you also. love your art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is actually a big question. I think we are all in our shells in one way or another no matter how much we think we are out! I want the same things that you spoke of too. To be bolder and more serious with my art.
    Great painting. I love that she started out blonde and then red and then a brunette! That's what makes art so fun!
    Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is so wonderful right now- I am sure it will only get better as you dive into new adventures.
    As you wish, so I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful.
    As you wish for yourself, I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful art!

    As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely painting!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shell, what shell? LOL
    I think I am out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it that you're stepping into being a fearless artist!

    As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have many of the same wishes that you do. Here's to them coming true for both of us! Glad you found the fun in painting. That's what it's all about!

    As Kate wishes for herself, so do I wish for her also!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish for her as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish for her also.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are SO talented!

    As Kate wishes for herself I so lovingly wish this for her also. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.