Monday, September 13, 2010

Simple Womens Daybook

I haven't done one of these in awhile so today seem like a good day to start again.










 You can go here to read some more Daybook Entries.

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...   the sun is shining, skies are blue with just a few clouds it is one of those really beautiful late summer days.

I am thinking… that I when I act like an artist I really am one.  I let go of those inhibitions and can just create and that feeling is so wonderful.

I am thankful for...  .all my blogging friends, they inspire me so.  I was reading Lis blog today and she was talking about Creative Awakenings and I thought I need to get back to that.  Way back when the book came out I bought the little meditation that goes with it. I just haven't made the time to listen and go through the process.  Lis's post made me just go do it.

From the kitchen...I am cooking some breakfast while I type, big mistake as I just burned the bacon, oh well sometinmes uou have to take those hard crusty parts of life along with the sweet tender ones.

I am wearing...my cranberry colored pajama pants that has white scroll designs on them and a tshirt that does not match at all.

I am creating...my intention for September.,  it is to be a fearless artist, more on that later.
I am going...to go to town to get a new print cartridge.  I want to finish printing out my Nanorimo novel from 2008 since I have decided this is the story I'd like to work on. I started printing last night and only got 59  of the 91 pages printed before the ink cartridge died.

I am reading...or maybe I should say re-reading Eat Pray Love and finding it even better the second time.  There are so many insights for me this time around.

I am hearing...the hum of the refrigerator and a farm truck going down the street

Around the house...cleaning to be done but that can wait, too many other fun things to do.

One of my favorite things...  is sitting in my garden looking at all the wonderful prayer flags just blowing in the breeze and thinking of those friends who made them.

A few plans for the rest of the week:  A checkup with my physician on Tuesday, an Art date with my friend Jolene on Wednesday,   lunch with a friend on Thursday and making Art every day. Sounds like a wonderful week.

Here are some pictures I am sharing…











Some views from my trip last weekend.










It rained most of the day but the mountains were soon covered in snow. This is at Jenny Lake.










Then of course I have to shoot pictures of Ravens whenever I see them.










and a close up, you think ravens are black until you can see them really close up. There are brown and blue and even white feathers in there.












I bought this print at one of the gift shops in the park. I thought this raven couple was so cute. Someday I hope to get shots as good as this one.










Here is the collage page I did as part of my Fearless intention for the Creative Awakenings process.  The other thing you do is write about what you chose and so forth and I found the process to be very enlightening. I ended up writing two pages about this collage.  The color red is really predominant.  I kept being drawn to it over and over. I was able to see how each image had a message for me. What a great exercise.

5 comments:

  1. Enjoyable reading your day...is it the Jenny lake in the Grand Tetons? So beautiful. That is one of our favorite spots on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have stood in this same spot! In fact it is where I told my DH I wanted to renew our vows and we did on the spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the day book entries. So many times we don't think about all that is going on around us. Taking the time to listen or pay attention to the surroundings can be special. Enjoyed your entries

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your collages and enjoyed seeing the booklet on the side bar.
    Oh, I love the place you visited this weekend. It looks so serene and peaceful. I'll bet it renewed your spirit.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  5. You seem to be a raven lover, too! I love them - and your pictures of them are stunning! I think I need to take a closer look at your journal pages... I just need the time!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.