Monday, December 9, 2013

Kickin It Old Skool Blog-a-Thon - Favorite Movies

For a movie buff - All time favorite:  Lord of the Rings.













Many women don't like these film due to all the battle scenes.  I love them on several levels,the actors, (I do love Viggo Mortensen)  the story and then all the costuming and set design and the music.  I really got into the details of filmmaking with these flicks.

Other films I like:

While You were Sleeping - Favorite Romantic Comedy
Christmas in Connecticut the Barbara Stanwyck version 1945 - Christmas Movies. I also love White Christmas, Its a Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story
Old movies - The Quiet Man - favorite flick with John Wayne in it.
Fantasy - Harry Potter Movies.
Thriller - Hunt for Red October, you can't beat Sean Connery in a film.
Science Fiction - Star Trek, Star Wars movies.

There are many more but these are what first came to mind.  I love the whole movie experience, my daughter and I have bonded over many flicks and now call one another after seeing a new movie to share experiences and critiques. I do love a good story and movies take me there in new ways.


4 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the Lord of the Rings because I have trouble with intense movies. I once watched the someone's DVD extra of the design and making of the armor and swords and found that fascinating. I wonder if I'll manage to watch the trilogy sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is great that you and your daughter share a love of movies. It is fun to have someone to talk to about a good movie or a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing to see what draws you into a film, and makes you want to know more. I know costumes can definitely do that for me, and I'm fine with battle scenes too - depending on the film. Lots of stuff now is just CGI mobs vs each other and I just see that it's "effects".

    I love that you included some holiday films! I don't think I've seen Christmas in Connecticut...any version. And While You Were Sleeping can double as a holiday film if I remember right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never seen the Harry Potter movies, just added it to my 'watch list'!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.