Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Kickin It Old Skool Blog-A-Thon - Weepy Wednesday

Today's prompt for the Kickin It Old Skool Blog-a-Thon hosted by Jamie and Shannon Ridler is  what makes you cry.

Onions, big time, I can't peel an onion without crying.  Movies, I cry when the General comes out for his celebration in the Movie White Christmas every time. Or those happy/sad TV clips of soldiers surprising their families by coming home. Sometimes I cry when someone I love says something hurtful. Or when a person or group does something wonderful.  I will cry when I am happy too, I call them tears of joy.


Painting a gift





















I painted this part of a tote bag years ago and used roller stamps on it and then outlined the images.



I tackled the back last night. I painted the other side with a view in Sedona.
















This is what I have now. I am thinking maybe the water should be more blue like the sky. So I will probably play with that today.

3 comments:

  1. I have only been to Sedona once but your painting to me right back there. It is such a beautiful place and you have captured its magic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the art!! And yes, the General when he comes out and sees what his troops have done -- I'd forgotten that. A totally weepy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this - there is a commercial of a great big dog so happy to see his soldier girl come home - it has me in tears every time as they roll around on the driveway and you can see the dog is just so, so happy.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.