Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Kickin It Old Skool Blog-A-Thon - Holiday Disasters

Since both Jamie and Shannon are recovering from an ice storm they chose a prompt about Holiday Disasters today.














My only disaster was a big wind storm 2 weeks before Christmas. The hurricane force winds ripped all the siding off our house and broke all the windows on the South side. We were happy that windows had not broken on both sides or it would have destroyed the house and everything in it. My daughter was a baby and I remember dressing her in a snow suit and having her in a pram in the basement as we waited out the storm. The next day the damage meant that she and I had to go to a friends house while Dave got the windows boarded up with plywood.  The house was full of dirt and grime. I have hated strong wind ever since.

I have some great pictures but they are buried somewhere. After looking through several boxes of photos I gave up.  You'll just have to use your imagination today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.