Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Kickin it Old Skooll - Day 3 A Color Meme







It's now day 3 in the blog a thon I am doing with Jamie Ridler and company.  Today we are doing a meme on color.  Something is wrong with blogger today.  Every picture I add it puts white lines through.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon

Old Skool Colour Meme

[ RED ]
  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of red? My Mother, she loved the color red a nd wore it often,
  2. Closest red thing to you? Spiral notebook with a red cover.
  3. What is the last thing that made you angry? When the restaurant where we holf our writers group, gave the room we had reserved to someone else
  4. Are you a fan of romance? Yes
  5. Do you have a temper? No
[ GREEN ]
  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of green? “It’s not easy being green.”
  2. Closest green thing to you? A green post it with inspiring message "I am a writer I write Books"
  3. What’s your favorite green environment? A forest,
  4. Are you jealous of anyone right now? The people with great followings that can offer something and hundreds of people sign up.
  5. Are you a lucky person? I am not sure 

[ PURPLE ]


  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of purple? Some of my favorite purple clothes.
  2. Closest purple thing to you? a small stuffed animal, given to me as a gift during Nano.
  3. Do you like being treated like royalty? Yes,  I like it when someone goes that extra mile to do something fort me.
  4. Do you like mysterious things? Like life? Yes,
  5. Are you intuitive? Yes
[ BLUE ]
  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of blue? The sky.
  2. Closest blue thing to you? A pen, with a blue casing but black ink.
  3. Are you good at calming people down? I can be the calm in a storm.
  4. What’s your favorite body of water (i.e. lake, ocean, etc)? The Ocean hands down, I wish I lived closer to it.
  5. What was the last thing that made you cry? A TV show, DR.Who biopic on the actor who played the first Dr, 
  6. Are you a logical thinker? Yes, I am very right brained but things do have to make sense for me to do them.
[ YELLOW ]
  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of yellow? The Sun.
  2. Closest yellow thing to you? Yellow background in a memory painting I did at Total Alignment Retreat.
  3. What was one of the happiest times of your life? When my daughter was born. I know sounds cliche but its true. My life would have been so different without her.
  4. What’s your favourite holiday? Christmas
  5. What makes you happy?  Creating something
[ PINK ]
  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of pink? Barbie
  2. Closest pink thing to you? Pink POst it, I have them all over my office.
  3. What sweet things do you like? Chocolate, Cookies, Cheesecake, Cakes
  4. Are you sensitive? Yes, 
  5. What is your favourite flower? I love the P's Pansy, Peonie, Poppy
  6. Does you have a crush on someone? no

[ ORANGE ]
  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of orange? My friend Kate who loves the color.
  2. Closest orange thing to you?  Handles or sewing scissors.
  3. Do you dress up for Halloween? sometimes, if I'v a party to go to.
  4. What gives you the warm fuzzies?  KIndness
  5. What would your superpower be? Time Travel, I'd love to go back and talk to my mom and grnadmother.
[ BROWN ]
  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of brown? boring, drab color
  2. Closest brown thing to you? The wood desk
  3. What is your favourite type of chocolate? Milka Toffee its from Germany, yummy.
  4. What makes you feel grounded? Walking in nature, trees and meditation/yoga
  5. Paint the wood or always leave it au naturel? Natural woods

[ WHITE ]
  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of white? purity
  2. Closest white thing to you? White candle
  3. Do you always try to keep the peace? No, sometimes confrontation is needed to move forward.  My mother always did this to the detriment of herself.
  4. Do you like to play in the snow? If I am dressed correctly.
  5. Are you afraid of going to the doctors or dentist? No
[ BLACK ]
  1. What’s the first thing you think of when you think of black? Black pants.
  2. Closest black thing to you? 2 camera's to my left a head band to my right.
  3. Are you sophisticated or silly? Probably neither, I am sophisticated in some ways but silly in my outlook, I love to play.
  4. Do you have a lot of secrets? No
  5. What’s the new black? Self Care, It get talks about a lot but is so important,

8 comments:

  1. You gave me a happy memory Kate...my mother also loved the colour red. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually really digging the lines through the image. I thought you'd done it on purpose! It looks really cool.

    Also, what is a memory painting? That sounds super intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A memory painting is where you take an event and paint it. It recalls the memory of something. In this case a group of us all went on a hike and there was this huge tree that we all sat in. So I painted the tree and myself sitting in it. Every time I see it I recall that fun time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time travel would be a wonderful superpower. And I like your response about self-care being the new black. It really is essential.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great answers! Good way to get to know you better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that idea of self-care being the new black. That's great. Good title for ......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time travel..walking in nature..sounds like creative self-care. :) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your "It's not easy being green" reminds me of my trip to the Jim Henson museum in Leland, MS. Somewhere in my old, old files, I have a picture of me with a life-size Kermit, my reward for spending a traumatic 2 hours with a little old lady that apparently never got to talk to anyone and was genuinely offended when I said I didn't want to stay for the remaining two hours of the Jim Henson biopic that plays in the front room. LOL Good times!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.