Sunday, December 22, 2013

Kickin It Old Skool Blog-A-Thon -- Little me

For todays prompt Jamie and Shannon are asking me to share a photo of a little me. Oh, that one is hard. I grew up in a large family and although I didn't know it, we were poor. When I came along things must have been bad as there are next to no photographs of me. This is the only baby picture of me.

 















Here I am being held by two brothers, Billy and Gerry.  Sister Marianne is on the right and on the left is my brother Tom who doesn't look too happy not being the baby anymore is my brother . Tom. I jokingly always say that he tried to get rid of me when he started my parents bedroom on fire while I was sleeping in the bed. My brother Gerry rescued me.




















The next photo does not appear until I am 5 years old. This is the photo that a classmate says was ugly.  I really look like my paternal grandmother in this picture.

12 comments:

  1. Kate, both pictures are beautiful. I taught five year olds and they can be incredibly kind or totally insensitive. The good thing is most of the time they really don't mean or understand what they are saying. Let's celebrate the beautiful and talented little girl you were and the awesome wife, mother, friend, coach, and artist you are now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ginny, Yes that was a long time ago. I have certainly moved on.

      Delete
  2. Oh man, that photo does share quite a story doesn't it! What I see most is your other siblings adoring you which is very beautiful, as if your photo when you were five. Lovely. Oh and people are boneheads. Don't feed the trolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely not ugly! The fire story scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what glorious photos. And I suspect your classmate needs to have their eyes tested - you are luminously beautiful in that photo. So glad you shared these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What sweet, sweet photos! Funny how memories of little comments stick to us. It must have been jealously, because you were (and are!) lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't listen to whoever said that nasty thing, you look beautiful! I really like the baby picture too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so long ago but I did dislike this person all through school. Now its just a story I tell.

      Delete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.