Monday, February 7, 2011

Inspiration from many sources



I was on Facebook this morning and saw the link to Gary Reef doing a Jesse Reno like painting and it was just fascinating to watch. He has two videos on this so far but I am sure there will be more.




I've read about Jesse Reno before but never watched him paint so that led to watching this video. There are a whole group of videos out there on YouTube, even a class from Artfest. I love watching the process, I get the same feeling watching Mystele paint.  It is really inspiring and makes me want to go sling some paint around too.

I think Youtube is just wonderful, I mean you can sit on your couch and watch other artists work and you can grab a little of that energy that you see and then go infuse it into your own work.

Tell me, what is it that inspires you?

4 comments:

  1. I love watching YouTube videos of people painting like this. I just wish I had the space and the amount of paint it takes to do that kind of painting. Jesse Reno is fun to watch and I've taken a couple of classes with Gary Reef. I learned a lot from him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Gary's work - his YouTubes are a regular haunt. I do wonder how an Australian ended up living in the remote North of Norway though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I made the comment before I watched the Jesse Reno clip... Now I am blown away....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have watched Jesse Reno in action on some videos...he's fantastic...just slaps on the paint and it always looks great!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.