Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Making foam stamps

I have been making stamps today.  First I used some of that craft foam you can get in the kids section of Michaels. They have regular sheets and some that are adhesive backed.














Here is a sheet of it with some images drawn on it.     I had gotten my designs from some of the Cricut cartridges I own. If you want to try this yourself there are all sort of sources for images on the net. The cool thing about this foam is that you can draw details right into the foam and it stays there.  Plus the stuff is really cheap and simple to use.


















These are some of the stamps I made. The blue ones are unmounted and the rest I cut out of the adhesive material and then mounted on another piece of the foam. These were really fun to make.




















Here are some of the stamps used on old book pages.

















Then I decided to carve some stamp out of erasers. This is one side of the eraser.




















and this is the other side.  I like the fact that you can make a stamp on either side of the eraser.


















and here they are being used. I think these will all be fun to use in some backgrounds in future journal pages. These are really fun to make and once you get  started you won't want to stop.

For your enjoyment here is a short video from Diana Trout where she demos making foam stamps.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Kate! I LOVE these. I have been paying attention to stamped things lately and it's like you're singing my song. So cool! And, yes, gotta have an art day ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stamps are great! I haven't tried the foam yet but now I think I have to. I really like those bird stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun stuff. I think I need to get my carving tools out and do some in front of the tv while watching Idol tonight !
    Happy Thursday, Miss Kate !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Making your own stamps really is fun. You made some fun ones here. I really like the bird ones.
    Hugs,
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.