Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Musings in a Cafe











First I better acknowledge that my daughter gave me this award.  She blogs about writing here

As per being nominated, now I have to do stuff. Sigh.
  1. Thank and link to the peep that nominated me.
  2. Share seven things about myself.
  3. Award some other cool bloggerly people.
  4. Contact said bloggerly people and tell them that they're awesome
Well I have listed things about myself countless times but I will try for something new.

1. I have a kindle and just love using it to read books but I still love regular books too.
2. I started going to laughter yoga when it became available in my town and I really love it.
3. I just started feeding a stray orange cat whose living in my garage and decided to name him Colonel Mustard.
4.  I am a level 3 Reiki master.
5. I don't like the taste of coffee but I think it smells good.
6. My favorite tea is Ginger Peach.
7. I like going to cafe's to write.

I'd like to award this to Jolene of Pieces of Me.
and Lynn of Getting my Feet Wet  They are both amazing ladies that always inspire me and they have wonderful blogs.

Now on to the musing in a cafe,  I have gotten a lot done here today which is unusual for me.  Usually the net really takes me away from my planned work.  I have been working hard at getting things going on my  network. It  a little bit of a struggle starting something from nothing. I think immediately those doubts and negative thoughts pop in and you begin to wonder if you made the right choices in the first place.  When I started the network I really thought everyone I knew would sign up but found that  not to be the case.  Those who didn't had their reasons and they were very legitimate and I honor those decisions. Some  joined to show support and I am grateful for that.  I know they won't participate much and that is ok.  I  figured I would need to attract enough other people who really didn't know me to really make a go of it. Some of that has happened like I thought too, but its a slow process.

Then I swear people left and right started opening their own sites and people who never offered classes choose to do so.  You wonder if its worth it anymore.  Are there really enough people out there to take all the things that are offered online? With all that talent out there maybe you should not even try. But you've invested so much time and money already you can't give up yet. So you plug on through hoping you have something of value to offer and that someone out there really needs to hear it.

Its a funny journey we artists take. We have this dream and we jump in to make a go of it but it never really happens in the way we imagine. Then we have to nurture it because it is so easy to just give up at that first frustration. You wonder were you crazy to try this in the first place?  You gather your friends and they encourage once more and you keep at it.  Maybe that is all we can do, just keep at this artistic life, with all its ups and downs.

Tell me what do you think about your dreams?  How do you keep your focus where it needs to be?

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I know I haven't been a good participant but then I'm not on other sites either! It's true there are tons of ning sites out there and only so many hours in the day. The competition is strong. I guess it all depends on your dream and your determination.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.