Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wishcasting Wednesday What do you wish to dare?

Jamie over at Wishcasting Wednesday  asks us What do you wish to Dare? What a great question.  Jamie always comes up with a great question for these little exercises.

Today I wish to dare to be the real me.  To step out of what society and myself included thinks I should be.  I dare to have the confidence to pull off the class I am envisioning for my mixed media network.  There is so much out there already that I dare to think I can come up with someone that no one else is doing. I wish to take that leap that makes it a reality.  To see what other wishcasters are doing go here.


I've also been playing some in the studio today. I felt like playing with paper scraps today. Instead of making stitched paper.  I just drew a grid and glued down scraps.



















 I loved the colors in this page so I took a picture to use the background at a future time.  Then when I started looking for images to enhance the page I was stuck on two so I thought why not do two pages at the same time




















The colors reminded me of Spring and since we have sunshine today I am really longing for spring.  I wrote a little poem and added it to the piece.  I used soft pastels to color the papers and outlined it all in black marker.



















On the second one, I added the image and wrote a poem and colored it with pastels. This one I outlined in charcoal. The xeroxed copy was shorter on one side so I  stitched some fabric on the edge. I have used backgrounds more than once before but this was the first time I did it at the same time. This was so much fun I may have to play with this background some more.

9 comments:

  1. I hope your dream comes true of offering classes. I know you would make a great teacher.

    And how clever to copy the page and use it more than once. I like both versions equally. See, you've just taught me something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dare similar to mine! As you wish for yourself, Kate, so do I wish for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be great ... As you wish for yourself, so I wish for you also! ~M

    ReplyDelete
  4. As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish also

    ReplyDelete
  5. What is missing out there is YOU and only YOU can bring your gifts to the world.

    As you wish for yourself, so do I wish for you.

    Stephanie

    If you want to stop by and see mine it is here :)

    http://findingyourvoiceoftruth.blogspot.com/2011/02/wishcasting-wednesday-what-do-you-wish.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, to being authentic! thank you for sharing yoru art. As you wish for yourself so too I wish for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing to be the real you. This is such a gift to the entire world, oh... I adore it!

    As you so wish, I wish for you also....

    My Wednesday Wishcast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As Kate wishes for herself, so I wish for her also!
    beautiful work, Kate....inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your authenticity is shining through ...as you wish for yourself i wish for you also

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.